Words to Inspire


"I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health."
- Voltaire

Monday, May 7, 2012

Write it Down!

I'm a very organized person. And I mean very. So it only makes sense that I'd have a fitness journal.



Writing my workouts down and keeping a record of how much weight I used helps me to know how and where I need to improve.


It makes it super easy to go back and see which exercises I had trouble with and which ones I need to make more challenging.


Not only does keeping a fitness journal help me to improve but it also makes my time spent at the gym a lot quicker.

All I have to do is look at my workout for the day and I know what exercises to do instead of relying on my less than perfect memory.


My fitness journal is like my little confidence booster.


I just flip through my notes and see all sorts of progress! Whether it be a heavier weight or more reps - I'm always making small improvements.


Also, I like to have a page with each day's summary.



Writing down whether or not I stayed within my caloric intake for the day helps me to stay accountable.


Knowing I'll have to write something down in my mess-up section helps me to rethink that cookie or soda.


I highly recommend keeping a log of some sort to help keep track of your health and fitness goals.



Be creative! You don't have to write everything down in a notebook (a Hello Kitty notebook at that) like me - you can use your phone or log it on the computer. Whatever you do be healthy and get active! Writing things down just helps make it easier.

XOXO,
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment