Words to Inspire


"I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health."
- Voltaire

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Broccolini!

Today, I went grocery shopping at Earthfare all by myself and I only almost ran into one person and only missed my exit twice, so I'd say I had a pretty successful trip.

Adding to the successfulness, as I was searching through all the fresh produce and nearly suffered a heart attack from getting rained on by the little misting thingys that keep the veggies fresh, I came across broccolini

Broccolini is a hybrid veggie, it's a cross between broccoli and kai-lan (Chinese broccoli). Broccolini is high in vitamin C and also contains vitamin A, folate, calcium, and iron. 

Tastes pretty darn good, too, so if you ever see it on a menu or in the produce isle I highly recommend giving it a try. 

Tilapia & Broccolini Dinner
Ingredients
- 4-6 oz tilapia filet
- handful broccolini
- salt and pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- vegetable or chicken broth

Directions
Season tilapia to taste and sear over medium-high heat with 1/2 t olive oil for 3-4 minutes on each side. Using a different pan, toss broccolini in another 1/2 olive oil over medium-high heat and season to taste then cover for about a minute and add 1 T broth and cover again for 1-3 minutes. Ta da! Perfectly quick, healthy, and delicious meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment