Words to Inspire


"I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health."
- Voltaire

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Everything Salad

Sometimes I get in to this bad habit of over buying veggies.

Everything just looks so good.

Not to mention I don't like to leave anyone out. I'll feel bad the whole ride home if I neglected to buy the asparagus sitting right next to the carrots I picked out.

But anyways...

I absolutely refuse to waste so in attempt to keep that from happening tonight I threw together a TON of vegetables in my salad. Thus the Everything Salad was born.

The Everything Salad
(serves one hungry person)
Ingredients
- 3 handfuls spinach (yes, handfuls is a technical term)
- 1/4 c. canned tuna
- 1 c. cucumber
- 1 c. mushrooms
- 1/2 c. broccoli
- 1/4 c. red onion
- 1/4 c. French green beans
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 T goat cheese
- 5 kalamata olives
- 1 wasa cracker
- 2 T Lite Sesame Ginger dressing

Nutrition
~350 calories ~20g protein








I tossed my salad and then let it sit in the fridge for about 15 minutes or so because I like for the spinach to get all nice and wilted from the dressing so this is what it looked like right before I dug in. Nom nom nom. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment