Words to Inspire


"I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health."
- Voltaire

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Seared Salmon Pasta

I'm a pecsatarian therefore most of the meals I post call for fish as the protein source but please feel free to sub in whatever you like! If grilled chicken is your thing then go for it. Pork, beef, turkey? Sure thing.

Back to the point of the post...

My cousin is here for the month and today he walks in my room and asks me if there's anything to eat downstairs. I'm thinking yes? you just ate the majority of the leftover carrot cake in the fridge what more could you want?

He's a big guy and I mean big so it only makes sense that he eats...a lot. Actually his name is Zach Mettenberger if you'd like to do a little Google search on him. Yes, I'm going to brag on my cuz because he's like my big brother and I couldn't be more proud of him and the things he's going to do. Geaux Tigers! No but really...Roll Tide.

Got off subject again, sorry.

In order to satisfy his hunger I whipped up this healthy, yes healthy, pasta dish and it seemed to do the job because it was finished off in a matter of minutes.

Seared Salmon Pasta

Ingredients
- 4-6 oz salmon filet
- 1 c 100% whole grain pasta, cooked 
- 2 T shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 T extra virgin olive oil, divided
- handful baby spinach
- Greek seasoning (aka best seasoning ever)

 Directions
Cook pasta accordingly. Season salmon with Greek seasoning and sear with 1/2 t extra virgin olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat for 2-4 minutes each side. Add remaining olive oil to cooked pasta along with spinach and parmesan (I always mix in a little more seasoning with the pasta), set fish on top and dig in.

Nutrition
calories ~410 protein ~33g 




No comments:

Post a Comment