Words to Inspire


"I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health."
- Voltaire

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Stuffed Shrooms

Portobella mushrooms can be a vegetarian's best friend with their meaty texture and versatile flavor. One of my favorite ways to eat portobellas is by stuffing them!

Stuffed Shrooms
(serves one)

Ingredients
- 3 oz portobella cap 
- 1/2 c canned tuna (chicken would be good, too)
- 1 egg white
- lemon juice
- 1 T feta cheese
- 1/4 c spinach, chopped
- cracked pepper

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 F. Remove mushroom stem and whip top with damp paper towel. In a bowl mix together remaining ingredients and then place in portobella cap. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes or until egg has set.

Nutrition
calories ~225 protein ~25g 

*I served mine with 1 cup grapes and 1 cup steamed broccoli and had it for dinner. Yum. 

2 comments:

  1. Aw! You fixed it before I could comment! Wipe that damn paper towel, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah Uncle E gave me a call about that one. Oops :/

    ReplyDelete