Words to Inspire


"I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health."
- Voltaire

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Garden Tuna Salad

It's such a beautiful Sunday in Alabama.


Sun is shining.

People are out on the lake.

And Walmart is PACKED.


Sundays are my grocery shopping days. I get to restock and reorganize the pantry and fridge and it brings absolute joy to my day. I'm strange...I know.


I left the house at around 10:53 and didn't get back until at least 12:20. I can waste so much time in grocery stores. Not to mention I'm one of those people who brings reusable grocery bags and gets yelled at by the self checkout after every item I scan. But anyways, by the time I got home I was starving. So I decided to whip up a quick and incredibly delicious salad.


Garden Tuna Salad
(serves one)


Ingredients


- 3 handfuls spring mix
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/8 c. sliced red onion
- 1/2 c. sliced cucumber
- 1/3 c. peas
- 1/4 c. canned tuna (packed in water)
- 1 wasa cracker
- 1 T crumbled goat cheese
- 2 T LowFat Sesame Ginger dressing

No comments:

Post a Comment