Words to Inspire


"I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health."
- Voltaire

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Killer Leg Workout

I train legs on Monday and lately I've been mixing things up from my usual workout trying to find that sweet spot and boy have I found it! My legs and butt are killing me! I don't know how you feel about a sore body but I feel dadgum proud when I'm sore because I know it means that all my hard work in the gym is paying off.

Here's what I did this Monday:

Killer Leg Workout

warm up
5 minute brisk walk on treadmill 

superset #1
3x15 leg extensions
3x15 narrow stance squats with weight

superset #2
3x15 leg press
3x15 stiff-leg dead lift with weight

super set #3
3x15 hamstring curls
3x20 (each leg) lunges with weight

superset #4
3x15 hip adductor and abductor
3x30 calf raises with weight

cool down
5 minute walk
stretch

*I do not do cardio on leg day because if done correctly this workout will suffice as cardio as well. I do however do a handful of abdominal exercises after this workout. It's very important to stretch after any workout - so don't forget that part! And it's even more important to have protein after a workout ASAP - so have this banana protein smoothie

XOXO,
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment