Words to Inspire


"I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health."
- Voltaire

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Dorm Salad

Happy Wednesday everybody. Hope things are going splendid on the other side of the screen because this side is in some serious need of a nap.



We've got a few things to catch up on so let's start off with breakfast...


Newman's Own Honey Flax Flakes + 1/2 banana + 1/2 cup strawberries + unsweetened vanilla almond milk


Breakfast is my favorite meal - next to dessert of course - and I literally never miss it. It's important to give your body fuel to begin the day and kick start your metabolism. While Poptarts and Fruity Pebbles might be an easy goto morning meal, they will leave you feeling hungry in no time. Next time you grab for that packaged pastry or the box of kid's cereal check out the nutrition info. I bet your cereal bowl holds more than a few servings and the calorie count on that Poptart isn't too pretty either.


*End rant now.*  


Moving on to the workout of the week so far...


View from my dorm.



Monday morning I took a nice thirty minute run around campus with one of my pledge sisters. The weather in the morning and evening are polar opposites compared to during the day. It felt ahhhmazing Monday morning and then I swear I was dripping sweat walking to class later that day. Monday afternoon I hit up the Rec Center for an arm workout. I've got some sore limbs from that one!

As for yesterday, I had every intention of working out but somehow taking the stairs to the eleventh floor at least 17 times turned into my workout along with dancing in heels later in the night. My feet are still numb!


Now for lunch...

I promise I'll take a better picture next time!


Dorm life is really bringing out a whole new array of salad add ins. I'm not complaining though! This salad was deeelish and contained the following...

  • romaine
  • chickpea salad from Publix
  • gluten free pretzels
  • salsa
  • onion
  • cucumber
  • broccoli
  • feta
  • cherry tomatoes
  • black bean and corn something from the lunch provided at the house


That's all for today! 

XOXO,
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment