Words to Inspire


"I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health."
- Voltaire

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Stuff in a Jar

I've got a whole bunch of Mason jars left over from my pickling phase just sitting in my pantry begging me to use them. 


Along with a lot of other things in my pantry begging for attention but we won't talk about that.


I don't know what is but everything is just better when consumed from a jar. 

Drinks...salads...pickles...buckwheat.

Yeah, that's right. Buckwheat. Again. Good ole, no hassle buckwheat in a jar.



Ingredients
- 1/4 cup dry buckwheat
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 2 Tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1/2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 mashed banana
toppings:
- 1/2 sliced banana
- spoonful of peanut butter
Directions
Mix everything together in a jar, cover and let sit over night. Heat in microwave for 3 minutes and top with desired toppings. Viola! Yumminess.


And because I was feeling really dangerous this morning...

I added some raspberries. They were delish you guys, de-lish. 


The whole meal in a jar idea really makes it easy to grab and go and that is juuust what I'ma be needin' for my up and coming dorm life. Ah, college is vastly approaching.


Vastly.


As in like 8 days. OH MY DEAR LORD! Eight freakin' days, 192 hours, 11,520 minutes.
Basically, soon. 


Real soon.


And with my real soon to come change of lifestyle will also be a whole lotta obstacles for keeping up a healthy lifestyle. I will no longer have a the comfort of my own kitchen which will force me to make some major adjustments.

Wanna know what my thoughts are on this?

Bring it on.

XOXO,
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment