Words to Inspire


"I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health."
- Voltaire

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Recipe and Sistas

I started off my morning with some yoga at the Rec center and it was awesome.
Definitely going to be a weekly thing.


Breakfast was the usez...

plain Greek yogurt + Kashi GoLean Crunch + blueberries + a peach
sprinkle of cinnamon in meh coffee


---


Backing up to this weekend.

After opening my bid and running to the Alpha Gamma Delta house on Saturday I finally got to meet my pledge class and all my new sisters! For our pledge retreat we spent Sunday and Monday at Lake Martin chillaxin' by the pool and playing on the lake. I water skied and ate Krispy Creme donuts for breakfast (that kinda negates the empty calories, right?) and all in all had a great time.

Hot Damn Alpha Gam!


---


If you remember my popover success then you might also remember me promising a recipe shortly after.

Oops...

Please forgive me? But better late than never in my opinion so here it is...


Cheesy-Herb Popovers
Ingredients
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm milk (skim, low-fat, full-fat)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour (whole wheat/organic white)

Directions
Preheat oven to 450F and postion rack on bottom shelf. Grease popover pan and place in oven. Warm eggs in a bowl of hot water for ~10 minutes. Using a whisk, beat together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Next, whisk in flour and mix until smooth then stir in melted butter and rosemary. Remove pan from oven and fill each cup 3/4 full with batter and top with 1-2 Tbsp cheese. Bake popovers at 450F for 20 minutes and then at 350F for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. 

*Popover pan is key to popover success.
*Do not open oven during cooking time.
*Cut slits in popovers when they come out of the oven so steam can escape. 

Best enjoyed with soup!


XOXO,
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment