Words to Inspire


"I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health."
- Voltaire

Monday, August 13, 2012

Things to Consider

It's been a crazy few days.


And the week has just begun. With that --- Happy Monday!


This morning started off with a favorite of mine that you could probably guess (if you read and/or know me...) considering I'm such a creature of habit. Good news: my healthy habits are sticking with me even in the dorm. 

"Expect problems and eat them with breakfast."
-Alfred A. Montapert  

B
1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1 cup Kashi GoLean Crunch, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup strawberries



---

Backing up to yesterday.

When I got back to the room I was next to starving and my feet were a hot mess. Luckily, I had this waiting for me in our mini fridge...

1/2 leftover falafel pita + grapes


If you haven't been to a Pita Pit yet then you should add it to your ToDo list because it is off the hook delicious. Think Subway gone Mediterranean. I always get the falafel for two reasons 1) falafel might be my favorite thing IN the world and 2) I'm a vegetarian (unless Mom busts out a perfectly seasoned, medium rare steak mm mm).

Things to consider when eating out...
  • It is very likely that the portions you receive at restaurants or any fast food chains are astronomically too big. To insure you don't end up eating five times the calories intended ask for a to go box and immediately box half your order. Now you have a meal for the next day. 
  • Do not be afraid to say "a little of this" and "not too much of that" or "hold the ___". Trust me the server won't be annoyed, if anything they'll laugh at you - I speak from experience. 
  • Avoid combos, supersize, and 3 for $1 gimmicks. You won't be saving fifty cents by ordering more food than you were planning on purchasing. But you will be saving calories by avoiding the sales pitch...

---

To end things, I have the best roommate!

Love you Laur!


Seize the day you guys and Roll Tide!

XOXO,
Claire

2 comments: