Words to Inspire


"I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health."
- Voltaire

Monday, August 6, 2012

Breakfast Breakthrough

I was just asked what I was doing by the boyfriend and replied with "blizogging." Good word, huh? Z's make everything better in my opinion. 


Annnywayz (see what I mean?).


About the title of this post - Breakfast Breakthrough - it's finally happened, I've discovered a breakfast that might very well be as good if not better! than a Greek yogurt parfait and here it is...

Newman's Own Honey Flax Flakes
1/2 banana
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup strawberries
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk


Man oh man, that's one bowl full of deliciousness! I found Newman's Own brand cereal at Publix.


Now for this picture of yesterday's lunch...


We just recently had our favorite Missouri friends over for a few days - shout out to the Friedhoff's! - and we had such a great time hanging out on the lake, reminiscing old times, and nommin' on some grilled pizzas! I tell ya, it's hard to go wrong with pizza but throw it on the grill? Out of this world! I whipped up four different pizzas...

Pizza numero uno:
tomato slices, jalapeƱos, kalamata olives, baby spinach, and parmigiano reggiano
Pizza numero deus:
simple margarita pizza - tomato sauce, tomato slices, mozzarella, and fresh basil
Pizza numero tres:
     roasted veggies (eggplant, garlic, onion, and zucchini), feta cheese, and fresh rosemary
Pizza numero quatro:
tomato sauce, country sausage, parmigiano reggiano, and mozzarella

All the pizzas turned out spot on which made me very happy! A surprise visit from some other Quinlivan's as well as Grandma Koochie also made me very happy - glad you guys decided to stay for dinner, love y'all! 

So that explains my lunch.


I'll leave you with my recent obsession in exercise...
Yoga with this guy:


Lately, I just haven't had the motivation to go through my intense workouts and HIITs so I've been doing some good for the soul yoga. I love Gaiam's videos with Rodney Yee. He has some great twenty minute yoga workouts which are perfect for me since that's about how long my patience is when I'm alone instead of taking a class annnd it makes it easy to get a quick yoga sesh in first thing in the morning. 

Now I'm off to do some yoga! Have a happy Monday!

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows; it empties today of its strength."

XOXO,
Claire




2 comments:

  1. I have yet to try a Rodney Yee DVD but I hear he's great! I'm definitely going to have to check into those :)

    ReplyDelete