Words to Inspire


"I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health."
- Voltaire

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Almond Butter Makes Me Weak in the Knees

This week is going by waaay too fast. I can't believe tomorrow I am officially Tuscaloosa bound!

This girl.
In college.

Whoop dee whoop!

I move into my teeny tiny dorm room tomorrow - no really I mean teeny tiny, see:



Oy.

Tiny spaces leave no room for disorganization! And since I am 99% of the time a Type A I spent the majority of yesterday afternoon doing this:


You can bet I'm proud of those babies, too! We'll just have to see how long they stay this way... 

For lunch yesterday I polished off the rest of the grilled pizza and a handful of some green bean chips. I'd prefer fresh green beans buuut it happens and I procrastinate going to Walmart.


After my killer leg workout yesterday I whipped up something incredible, which is the reason for this post:

Almond Butter-Banana Smoothie
Ingredients
- 1 frozen banana, sliced and peeled
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein (I used Earthfare brand)
- 1 Tbsp Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Directions
Toss everything in a blender. Give it a whirl. Freak out, it's that good.


Why hasn't anyone tooold me how ah-mazing the addition of nut butters are to smoothies?! I legitimately did a happy dance after my first sip. You have to try it. Go. Now!

XOXO,
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment