Words to Inspire

"I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health."
- Voltaire

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Can I Really?

Good Saturday Morning everybody! We've got a lot to catch up on!

Who's excited about college football? Labor Day? Breakfast?


I'm also excited to be home for the weekend! It was the weirdest feeling to pack a bag to come home.


bear claw + party cookies

You can't blame me for being extra excited about breakfast. Fried dough and apples glazed with icing the size of my face? Sometimes it just has to happen and this morning demanded it.

I get a lot of questions about the way I eat. People will say how can you eat that and be such a health nut? The answer is I'm not striving for a perfect healthy lifestyle because in my opinion a healthy lifestyle doesn't mean depriving yourself. In other words, there's always room for dessert! 

I aim for 90/10 when it comes to the way I eat. Since I eat at least five times (three meals and two snacks) per day, seven days of the week that means I eat around 35 meals each week. So I want 90% of those meals to come from clean, whole, and healthy foods and then the other 10% to be whatever I feel like having within reason. This makes it easier to stay on track and still be able to treat myself!


Rewinding to Thursday night...

top to bottom: Me, Meagan, Monicka

If you haven't already guessed by the pictures, a group of us decided to get our ears pierced at Claire's before going bowling with the senior Alpha Gams on Thursday night. I was so nervous considering the last time I had my ears pierced I was in the first grade but it really wasn't bad at all! Between getting my ears pierced and dancing to the Cupid Shuffle at the bowling alley, Thursday was such a blast! I'm beyond thrilled and blessed to already have met so many amazing girls in my pledge class. I love you guys! 


Moving on to Friday...

from my dorm room: salsa + Newman's Own Lite Honey Mustard + cherry tomatoes + Publix's chickpea salad + raw onion + broken whole grain Wasa cracker + cracked pepper
from lunch at AGD house: baby spinach + broccoli + feta cheese + 3 hardboiled eggs (whites only)

If there's a will then there's a way to create great tasting healthy meals regardless of the situation - in my case a tiny dorm with no kitchen. Even though it was Fried Friday at the house I still managed to use the salad bar to my advantage along with just a few things I can keep in my dorm. Of course I had to maintain my 90/10 rule and have a small side of potato wedges off the fried buffet. 


Fast forwarding back to today...

Zach and myself from ~12 years ago and then Christmas 2011

I'm positive everybody will be watching football today. The two games I'm looking forward to watching will be LSU v. North Texas and Alabama v. Michigan for two reasons. Number one - my cousin will be playing his first game as LSU's starting QB and number two - I'm finally a student at the University of Alabama and get to cheer for my school! 

Hopefully I'll have time to change out of my #8 LSU jersey and into my Alabama attire before kickoff. 

Can I really end this post with a Geaux Tigers and a Roll Tide? :-/

Looks like it! :-bd

Hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment