Words to Inspire


"I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health."
- Voltaire

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Delicious Meal

Hello and good afternoon!

I hope everyone as been enjoying the weather lately - specifically all my Tuscaloosa friends - because it has been incredible. It's finally starting to feel like fall! And you guys...I love fall. 


---


Since I've turned into a runner again I got up early this morning and went for what was suppose to be a quick 30-minute run but ended up being more of a 40-minute run because my sense of direction (rather lack there of) couldn't remember how to get back to my dorm. Whoops.  

Once I finally made it back up to my room I whipped up some breakfast...


You must be shocked not to see Greek yogurt and granola, am I right? I'm currently out of Greek yogurt and can't even begin to find time to run over to Publix and stock up so some good ole oatmeal was on today's agenda. 

Along with my oatmeal I mixed in 1/2 a peach, 2 Tbsp dried craisins and apples, and a spoonful of almond butter. Yuuum. 


---


A little recap on my weekend...

I took a trip down to Auburn to visit the boyfriend, catch up on my laundry, and watch a little football. While I managed to do all the following I also was able to bake three loaves of beer bread (so good!), clean literally his entire kitchen, and enjoy a deeelish meal! 

More on this delicious meal... 


How impressive is this picture? Props to my amazing boyfriend for cooking for me! 

He pan seared bourbon marinated salmon and sautéed peppers and onions seasoned with dried basil. 


To round off the meal we had some of the beer bread I made since Stephen's rice didn't turn out quite as planned. It's ok you'll get it right next time.


---


Just to make up for the lack of a parfait picture, here's breakfast from about four days ago...



---


And just because...


Meet Monicka (left) and Meagan (right)! They say hi! 

Have a good rest of your Tuesday guys!

XOXO,
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment