Words to Inspire


"I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health."
- Voltaire

Monday, September 17, 2012

Namaste

Hey, hey everybody and happy Monday! I love Mondays because it feels like a fresh start to a new week so with that I hope everyone has a had a good one.

I kicked off this morning with a yoga class at the Rec with my friend Madeline (Madslou, love you!). We actually ran to the Rec, did the class, and then ran back so it was a good workout. 

At the end of the class the instructor explained what namaste meant in her opinion. She said namaste means to respect and love yourself and your body as well as others and that really put a smile on my face! Learning to respect and love yourself is such a huge accomplishment and I really admire those who are able to do so and are also able to respect others. 

So that was something cool about this morning. What was also cool was my breakfast... 


This morning I was feeling a cereal bowl that included the following:

- Newman's Own Flax Flakes
- Strawberries
- organic dried apples and cranberries
- PB2
- unsweetened vanilla almond milk

The combination of everything was just so good, especially the peanut butter powder! I found the PB2 at Earthfare while I was in Auburn this weekend and I'm very glad I did. It's only 45 calories with 4 grams of protein per serving. All you do is mix 2 Tbsp of the peanut butter powder with 1 Tbsp of water and you have peanut butter! I really like to mix it in with my cereal and yogurt.


As I mentioned above, I was in Auburn this weekend to surprise my boyfriend. I got to hang out with some good friends, go to the game, get pulled over on the way down, and get my car towed the morning I was leaving. Always a good time.


Here's a picture of us at the game. How cute?! 

I had to be up and at 'em early Sunday morning so I could get on the road and be back in Tuscaloosa in time for my meeting with Project Health. I recently applied to become a Health Ambassador on campus and was interviewed and ended up getting chosen to be apart of the organization. I've got to say, I am very excited about it because I get to educate my peers on the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle and I get the title of ambassador. How cool? 

And to wrap things up here is a picture of my dinner from tonight...


I religiously ate an almond butter and strawberry jam sandwich for lunch in high school and it had been so long since I had one so I thought it sounded good tonight and boy was I right. I even sprinkled some cinnamon on it to go the extra mile. It was just too tasty.

Oh, and one last thing. In case you didn't already know, I've been a vegetarian pecsetarian for nearly two years now. It started off as more of a challenge for myself and once it became easy I just kept to it however, I always allowed myself meat if the opportunity arose and I really wanted it (namely if I was the one cooking). Anyways, a few days ago I got a really weird craving for chicken and turkey so I've
decided that my pecsetarian days are over. Who knows, I might decide to pick it up again but for now I'll stick to going meatless a few days of the week. 

XOXO,
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment