Words to Inspire


"I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health."
- Voltaire

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Crack Cake

Good evening! Hope everyone is wrapping up from a wonderful weekend - I know I am.

Sundays are so bitter sweet. I'm sad to see the weekend go but always happy for a new week to begin!


This weekend I took a trip down to Auburn to watch the cousin play football but before I get to that I have got to show y'all what I made for tailgating...


Butterfinger cake! Don't worry, I'll be sharing the recipe at the end of the post. By the time this beauty made it to the tailgate the whole top had basically melted off or soaked into the cake so it wasn't lookin' too appetizing but boy was it! I'm not ashamed to say I had two servings! 

;)

Now for the game.


What a nail biter?! I'm glad LSU finally pulled through but if they play like that come the Alabama game I might just sport my crimson and tide.  


At least I got to sit with these two stud-muffins during the game. They might be wearing orange and blue but they're true Mettenberger fans and they know it!

After the game I caught up with the Quinlivan and Mettenberger crew to go see Zach before he loaded up on the bus. 


Can you guess who our favorite player is? ;)

Excuse the "mettenstache"...he seems to be going through a wannabe 70's stage.


I hit the road early this morning so I could make it back in time for my Health Ambassador training session with UA's Project Health (super excited for everything we'll be working on this year!) but first things first...


I had to hunt down a Starbuck's for this pumpkin spice latte (2 pumps syrup + non fat + no whip = heaven) before I could make the trek back to Tuscaloosa. Thanks, Courtney, for getting me hooked!  

Tonight, we'll end on dinner. 


Nothing fancy but it hit the spot. Sometimes the simple things are what's called for and tonight it was Wolfgang Puck's organic veggie soup and a turkey sandwich. Delicious.

My bed is really begging for me early tonight and I'm not trying to argue. This girl is whipped out!


Oh but before I go...

Butterfinger Cake aka Crack Cake

Ingredients
1 box German chocolate cake mix, baked accordingly
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 jar caramel ice cream topping (I used the squeezable bottle)
5-10 butterfinger bars, depending on how much you like butterfingers
1 large container cool whip
chocolate syrup for garnish

Directions
While cake is still hot use a fork to poke holes all over it then pour the sweetened condensed milk and caramel syrup on top so it can soak in the cake. Next, break up a few candy bars to sprinkle over cake. Let cake cool before spreading whipped topping over top of cake then sprinkle remaining candy bars on top and garnish with chocolate and caramel syrup. Viola! Don't go into a sugar coma!

*Freeze butterfinger bars before crushing - makes it easier! 


Catch some good Z's y'all!

Claire

1 comment:

  1. Yum!!! I've made a cake very similar to this before and it seriously is like crack.
    Thanks for the shout out too ;)

    ReplyDelete