Words to Inspire


"I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health."
- Voltaire

Friday, September 21, 2012

Rhyme or Reason

Gooo-oood morning everybody! 

I can't tell you how happy I am that today is Friday. Yesterday could not have ended fast enough - I had my first two college tests, completely moved out of one room and into another, and then had Pledge Formal after being up since before 7 am. But that's okay because the night ended with Krispy Kreme (thanks for the idea JWill, love you ;)). 



So, I feel like I have a lot of pictures I'd like to share with you all that may or may not have a rhyme or reason but we're just going to go with it. 

Let's work in chronological order and start with lunch on Wednesday...


It was taco day at the AGD house which could have been a heavy or light meal, depending on your approach. I avoided the cheese dips and sided with light by making a turkey taco salad. This was actually waaay better than I was expecting so after a few bites I decided it was blog worthy and snapped a picture. My turkey taco salad included romaine, black bean and corn salsa, broccoli, shredded cheddar, a few crushed up tortilla chips, and shredded deli turkey.

Next up is yesterday's breakfast...


Gettin' a little creative with the blog in the background, check it. So I'm on a bit of a cereal kick if you've haven't noticed already. It's kind of like a challenge - making a cereal breakfast nutritious - to get enough protein, complex carbs, and keep the sugar and calorie count low. This bowl consisted of Newman's Own Flax Flakes, PB2, dried apples and cranberries, 1/2 a peach, and unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Sooo good. 

Since we're already talking about my latest obsession with cereal, let's check out what was on this morning's menu...


For indecisive people like myself, combos are always a good idea and this morning's combo proved just that. I woke up knowing I didn't have enough Newman's Own to make a breakfast so I slipped on my house shoes and headed down to Julia's Market to browse the overpriced cereals they had on hand. Initially, I had my eye out for Kashi GoLean Crunch but all they had was Crisp so I grabbed that along with a box of Leapin' Lemurs. Go right now and buy Kashi's Cinnamon Crumble just for the wonderful aroma you experience when you open the bag - holy cow my nose was tingling - and the 10 grams of protein you get per serving. Anyways, along with the cereal combo I added in 1/2 a sliced banana, PB2, and unsweetened vanilla almond milk. 

And because I'm loving the weather lately, we're going to end this post on a note of fall.  


Have a good weekend!

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment