Words to Inspire


"I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health."
- Voltaire

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Spinach Smoothie

I know, I know. Spinach in a smoothie, I must be crazy. But let me explain...
Adding greens to smoothies has been a big thing in the health world for a while now.
I have a few family members who swear by their smoothies that contain kale and spinach and all kinds of unheard of add-ins.
So I thought I'd give it a try and let me just tell you,
YOU CANNOT TASTE THE SPINACH!
My smoothie tastes exactly like it did before I added spinach.
This is a great way to get your nutrients from greens in if you don't like the taste of them alone. 

Spinach Smoothie
Ingredients
- 1 frozen banana, peel and slice before freezing
- 1 scoop whey protein powder
- 1 T wheat germ
- 1/2 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 cups spinach

Directions
Blend and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment