Words to Inspire


"I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health."
- Voltaire

Monday, July 2, 2012

Chia Y'all!

This morning was the first morning in months that I didn't have my usual breakfast...

Greek yogurt, Kashi GoLean Crunch, and fruit.

Instead, I had...

Greek yogurt, Kashi Truly Vanilla oatmeal, a banana, and chia seeds.

(Ok, it's hardly different but it was a big change for me!)

What's the deal with chia seeds, you might ask? These little bitty seeds are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids which aid in weight loss, benefit heart and cholesterol health, and keep you energized all day! I searched EVERYWHERE when these things first got big. I finally got lucky in NYC when I was visiting with my mom...of course New York would have what I was looking for.

P.S. If you ever find Kashi oatmeal I recommend trying it. It has 9 grams of protein per serving and 7 grams of fiber v. Quaker brand's (and every other brand I could find in my pantry) 5 grams of protein and 4 grams of fiber. Not to mention it's all natural and tastes ahmazing.


XOXO,
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment