Words to Inspire


"I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health."
- Voltaire

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Grilled Summer Dinner

Last night I was excited to cook some of the veggies I bought at the Farmers Market so I threw together a nice little dinner for myself and Stephen. I busted out the stove top grill for the sake of summer time and everything turned out pretty well - clean plates are usually a good indicator of that.

Grilled Summer Dinner
(serves 2)

I made a spice mix that I used to season everything. It's always fun to play around with spices. Sometimes I get a little too carried away and other times I strike gold. 

Ingredients
- 1 bunch broccolini (grilled asparagus would be great too)
- 2 summer squash
- 2 thick slices sweet onion
- 2 (4-6 oz) salmon filets, skin on
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
for the spice mix:
- 1 t smoked paprika
- 1 t chili powder
- 1/2 t cumin
- 1/4 t ground mustard
- pinch cayenne  

Directions
Heat the grill to medium-high heat and brush with olive oil. Brush squash with olive oil and season with spice mix and put on grill first, cooking for about 5 minutes each side. Next treat onion and broccolini same as squash and add to grill. They should cook a little less than the squash. Finally oil and season fish and add to grill. Cook 2-3 minutes each side, flipping only once. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment