Words to Inspire


"I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health."
- Voltaire

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Dijon Tofu Dinner

Today, I got to do some luxury grocery shopping at Earthfare and as I was looking for banana pepper slices to add to my salads I came across a dijon vinaigrette dressing and decided I'd give it a try. However, I really wasn't feeling salad for dinner so I used my new dijon vinaigrette a little differently...  

When most people hear the word "tofu" they immediately think gross. Tofu is not gross people! It tastes amazing when prepared correctly and is a great low-cal source of protein with 9 grams for 80 calories. You can have tofu many different ways, in stir-fry, in an omelette, or by itself. Branch out, try new things, experiment with something other than chicken. Promise you won't regret doing so.

Also, I just wanted to say that this dinner literally requires 5 ingredients and virtually no time! Not to mention it's healthy and flavorful! So why wouldn't you give it a try?

Baked Dijon Tofu    


Ingredients
- 1 serving extra firm tofu
- 1/2 t extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 T dijon vinaigrette dressing or dijon mustard

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 F. Heat oil over medium heat and add tofu. Lightly sear on each side for 2-3 minutes then transfer tofu to baking sheet and spread dijon dressing or mustard on top and bake for 5-7 minutes or until done. Enjoy!

After the tofu I wasn't finished with my dressing just yet. As a side to my delicious tofu I had sauteed dijon spinach! Yum!

Sauteed Dijon Spinach


Ingredients
- 3 c baby spinach
- 1/4 c sliced red onion
- 1 T dijon vinaigrette or dijon mustard

Directions
Add all ingredients to a sauteed pan and cook over medium heat until spinach is wilted and onions are soft. Enjoy!

XOXO,
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment