Words to Inspire


"I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health."
- Voltaire

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Bullfrog Face, Minestone Soup, and About Me's

I had my wisdom teeth cut out Friday afternoon and have been bedridden ever since.

Okay, so I made that sound a lot worse than it actually is. I have been willingly bedridden and to be quite honest, it's been awesome.

I've laid in bed with Fifty Shades of Grey, Food Network, plenty of online shopping, and new blog reading. Still repping the bullfrog look... hoping very much I'll start looking less swollen by tomorrow.
Fingers crossed.

Hence "Bullfrog Face"...


Next on the list is Minestone Soup

Since chewing isn't currently high on my list of can dos I've been eating all things mashed...

Mashed sweet potatoes with brown sugar and cinnamon for breakfast.
Mashed potatoes with green beans and gravy for lunch.
Pudding. Mmm. Pudding for dessert.

And this lovely little meal Ando threw together for my dinner: Amy's minestone soup and a whole grain roll with a little bit o' butter.


I dunno what they're doing over at Amy's Organic Kitchen but I can assure you it involves wonderful things. I'm just nearly obsessed with this brand of packaged foods - probably the only brand of packaged food I would recommend. I've yet to come across a product of theirs that I didn't approve. 

Amy's Kitchen brand foods makes healthy eating easy and so delicious when I just don't have the time or the energy to cook. Good news to all my Scottsboro readers, Walmart and Food World carry a few of Amy's frozen items. Yay! If you're interested in more of what Amy's Kitchen has to offer click here.

Finally on my post title list, About Me's.

Remember when those mattered waaay more than they should've? Hello Myspace! Glad those days are over. Nowadays, the "About Me's" that I read are realistic. Most every health blog out there comes with some emotional baggage from the writer on the other side of the screen and usually that blogger shares his or her story and what's influenced them to start their blog.

It's a really good feeling to know that the people behind a seemingly perfect healthy life have faced some of the same obstacles as myself and have overcome them. Someone else is staring the same problem in the face as I am. And I'm not the only one with temptations.   

Being new to the whole blog world, I've been a little apprehensive to share what's brought me to begin my blog and my journey in striving for a healthy, balanced lifestyle. With that said, I'm going to be working on an "About/About Me" tab to make this blog sincere and give you a little insight on my healthy emotional baggage.  

Yep. So wish me luck!

XOXO,
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment