Words to Inspire


"I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health."
- Voltaire

Monday, May 7, 2012

Pan Seared Shrimp Salad

My mom just got back from the beach (I swear she goes nearly every week) and with her she brought fresh gulf shrimp. So what better to have for dinner than a huge bed of greens and veggies topped with mouth watering pan seared shrimp?


(serves one)


Ingredients
- 3 handfuls spring mix
- 1/2 c. cucumber
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/3 c. peas
- 1/2 c. broccoli
- 1/8 c. chopped red onion
- 1 T crumbled goat cheese
- 1 wasa cracker
- 2 T Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette (I used Newman's Own)
- 10 medium shrimp
- Crazy Jane's Greek Seasoning (I'm obsessed)
- 1/2 t extra virgin olive oil

Toss together first 9 ingredients. Season shrimp with Crazy Jane's. Bring pan to medium-high heat with olive oil. Cook shrimp 1-2 minutes on each side or until pink. Bon appetit!  

No comments:

Post a Comment